The Advisory Committee on Enforcement (ACE) was established by the 2002 WIPO General Assemblies with a mandate to carry out technical assistance and coordination in the field of enforcement (norm-setting is explicitly excluded from the mandate).
Within the framework of recommendation 45 of the WIPO Development Agenda, the ACE focuses on:
- coordinating with public and private organizations to combat counterfeiting and piracy;
- public education;
- coordination to undertake national and regional training programs for all relevant stakeholders; and
- exchange of information on enforcement issues.
Membership of the ACE (which emerged from various previous committees and meetings) is open to all member states of WIPO and/or of the Paris Union and/or of the Berne Union.
- Mandate of the ACE (paragraphs 114(ii) and 120)
- Membership & rules of procedure (paragraphs 8-14)