Judiciaries and Intellectual Property
WIPO empowers judiciaries to fulfill their vital role in ensuring that intellectual property (IP), innovation and creative ecosystems are balanced and effective.
The WIPO Judicial Institute and relevant WIPO sectors work with judges from around the world to create a space for dialogue and exchange of information and practices, to deliver capacity building activities, to produce in-depth resources on topics of relevance to the global judiciary, and to provide free and open access to IP-related legal knowledge to everyone through the WIPO Lex database.
WIPO Advisory Board of Judges
Our work is guided by an Advisory Board of Judges who represent broad geographical and technical coverage. Members serve in their personal capacity for two year terms.
- Nehad ALHUSBAN, President, Amman Court of First Instance, Jordan
- Olayinka FAJI, Justice, Federal High Court of Nigeria, Lagos, Nigeria
- Ángel GALGO PECO, President, Commercial Law Section, Court of Appeal of Madrid, Spain
- Dedar Singh GILL, High Court Judge, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Hugo Ramiro GÓMEZ APAC, President, Court of Justice of the Andean Community
- Rian KALDEN, Senior Judge, Court of Appeal, The Hague, Netherlands; Presiding Judge, Second Panel of the Court of Appeal, Unified Patent Court (Chair of the Advisory Board)
- Zane PĒTERSONE, Judge, Supreme Court of Latvia
- Jimmie V. REYNA, Circuit Judge, Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, United States of America
- ZHU Li, Deputy Chief Judge, Intellectual Property Court of Supreme People’s Court of China